Monday, March 21, 2016

"The Turquoise Club"; a Sound Poem


At the very least,
there is love.

Through the
melancholic undertone
of the microcosm
We call home.

The cacophony of creaking
doors mufflers
shouts and stomps.

This is the
Lovely place;

Where we see
with all our eyes.

We come here
to lose our minds.




Author’s Note: I wrote this poem using multiple instances of slant rhyme and alliteration. I wanted to illustrate the atmosphere of how exhausting it is to be a full-time student and call a new place home. The repetition of certain sounds is meant to illustrate the monotonous routine. I introduce the poem with the theme of love, continue it with the idea of being melancholy and hearing disruptive sounds, and then reintroduce the word ‘love’, in a different way by referencing the same setting as “the Lovely place”. I contradict myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Visit My Author Archive Page!

http://sparechangenews.net/author/katrina-carbone/